- This event has passed.
🌴Come join our FAMILY CAMPING TRIP Aug 4-7 at LOBO CAMPGROUNDS in Dense Pine Forest, Big Bear. 🌴
August 4 @ 3:00 PM - August 7 @ 3:00 PM UTC25$
⭐ We invite you to our family camping trip on Aug. 4 (Thu) – 7 (Sun). It will be a great time to get away with faith groups. ⭐
Campground location: Lobo Campground (Big Bear)
43207 CA-38, Angelus Oaks, CA 92305
The campground is located in a dense pine forest, at an elevation of about 6,400 feet.
– 27 miles northeast of Redlands on Highway 38. Big Bear Lake
Date: Aug. 4 (Thursday) Afternoon ~ 7 (Sunday) Morning
Admission Ticket Cost: Single camper $25, 2 campers $40, a family group of 3~9 only $75
* Included in the admission: Thursday-Dinner, Friday-Breakfast, Saturday-Breakfast and Dinner.
* Camper’s responsibility: Friday-Lunch & Dinner, Saturday-Lunch. Sunday-Breakfast.
**If you have food allergies, please bring your own food due to risk of cross-contamination. **
Hosted by: Mighty Men at Hope in the Valley Baptist Church in Hemet
Iglesia Esperanza en el Valle
Church address: 1480 N. Kirby St., Hemet CA 92545 (Kirby & Esplanade Ave.)
Activities (Activities costs are not included in the admission):
* Hiking- Hike the 2½-mile Rio Monte Trail from the campground up to Rio Monte Panorama, overlooking the deep gorge of the Santa Ana River Valley. Also the Santa Ana river trail, among other nearby trails.
* Wildlife Viewing
* Make the ½-mile hike to Jenks Lake for fishing for bass, catfish, bluegill, and rainbow trout. Rowboats, canoes and kayaks are permitted. Also features restrooms, picnic sites, shore and dock fishing, and hiking. Fishing is also available at the nearby Santa Ana River.
* Make a 1 mile trek to nearby Barton Flats Visitor Center and participate in nature walks, interpretive programs, and an astronomy program. Attend the annual Forest Festival held in mid-August.
* Make the half-hour drive to popular Big Bear Lake and take advantage of boat rentals and get out on the lake for fishing, wakeboarding, and waterskiing.
* During the summer Snow Summit has scenic Sky Chairlift rides, sight-seeing, hiking, mountain biking, and golf.
Packing List (Suggestion):
·Bible, note pad /pens ·Tent ·Sleeping Pad/ cot or air mattress with pump ·Sleeping Bag ·Extra Blankets ·Tarp ·Pillow ·Camping Chairs ·Camp Table or Folding Table ·Bring your own food for all lunches, snacks, Friday night dinner and Sunday Breakfast. Other meals will be provided.
·Stove ·Pots and Pans ·Utensils ·Plates & Bowls ·Camp Mugs ·Water Jugs ·Knife ·Can Opener ·Lighter ·Dishes tub ·Biodegradable soap ·Cutting board ·Sponge ·Cooler ·Paper Towel or Dish rags ·Multitool ·Spare batteries ·Lantern ·Battery Pack ·Clothes for 3 day and 3 nights ·Swim suit ·Rain gear ·Warm gloves ·Warm hat or beanie ·Camp shoes/ hiking shoes ·Personal toiletries ·Sunscreen and sun hat ·Hand sanitizer ·Bug repellant ·Toilet Paper ·Binoculars ·Towel/ wash cloths/ soap/ shampoo
DON’TS … No wood or charcoal fires are permitted at this time.
For more info: Jason Aznoff, Ph. (626) 780-5018